Modernize IT with a Hyperconverged Infrastructure
Many organizations continue to use legacy systems to meet business demands, but using outdated systems can actually do more harm than good.
Here are some common problems that can arise from outdated infrastructure:
- Security Risks: Legacy systems are especially problematic for organizations who must meet specific compliance standards. Once a legacy technology becomes unsupported, the vast majority will fail to meet industry compliance standards like PCI DSS, SOX, and HIPPA.
- Increasing Support Costs: Another challenge with legacy infrastructure is the increasing support costs needed to maintain outdated systems. For example, the federal government’s ten legacy systems most in need of modernization cost about $337 million a year to operate and maintain, according to the Government Accountability Office. Legacy systems can end up costing companies much more than implementing new technologies that are more cost-effective and efficient.
- Poor Customer Experience: Slow and outdated networks can reflect poorly on the business and result in negative customer experiences.
- Resource Silos: Legacy infrastructure can create resource silos, which makes it difficult for accessing resources in another silo or sharing data between disparate business units.
- Hindering Digital Transformation Efforts: A cloud-centric approach has become a staple of many organizations’ digital transformation strategies. However, mission-critical legacy applications in use today were never developed with the cloud in mind. Legacy systems, therefore, represent a significant barrier to accelerating an organization’s digital progression.
IT Solutions for Modernization
One way organizations can combat these challenges associated with legacy environments is by implementing a hyper-converged infrastructure. This approach combines standard datacenter hardware using locally attached storage resources with intelligent software to create flexible building blocks that replace outdated and inefficient infrastructure.
HPE SimpliVity’s single integrated all-flash solution can help organizations modernize their infrastructure for better efficiency and resiliency.
HPE SimpliVity delivers:
- Improved data center agility
- Capex and Opex savings
- Improved application performance and efficiency
- Resource silos consolidation
In conclusion, legacy systems can cause several challenges for businesses. Organizations looking to get ahead of the competition, decrease risks, and cut costs, should consider modernizing their IT infrastructure with a hyper-converged solution, such as HPE SimpliVity.
Modernization efforts take time and must be performed in a way that aligns with long-term business objectives. Experis Technology Group’s team of IT experts can help companies with upgrading infrastructure requirements. Whether your data is in the public cloud, on-premises, or a hybrid of the two, Experis Technology Group can design, build, and support your continuous performance & availability requirements. Contact our team here to learn more!