The Importance of Backing Up Microsoft Office 365
Most companies use Microsoft Office 365 daily as a primary communication tool and document repository; however, more than 76% of Office 365 users aren’t backing up their data. When O365 data isn’t backed up, companies are at an increased risk of losing their vital information and files. “Microsoft has made it clear that they’re not a backup service. That data is your data,” says Eric Dougherty, Technical Partner Manager at Veeam Software. Several risk factors exist when businesses don’t back up their Microsoft Office 365 data. They may encounter both internal and external threats, loss of critical data, legal compliance violations, and reputation damage.
• Accidental deletion: Although Office 365 provides some protection against data loss, it’s very minimal. For example, unintentional deletion of a Microsoft Office user results in a deletion across the entire network, which simultaneously removes information stored in personal SharePoint and OneDrive.
• Retention policy gaps and confusion: Office 365 has a limited backup and retention policy which makes recovering lost data a significant challenge. Those limitations can lead to a complete loss of critical data.
• Internal security threats: Companies can ensure sensitive emails and files stay intact. For instance, if incriminated emails suddenly get deleted, the information can be quickly recovered.
• External security threats: Ransomware attacks have detrimental effects on a company’s reputation. Regular backups ensure an uninfected copy remains available.
• Legal and compliance requirements: With a backup solution, users have all the information they may need access to for legal and regulatory requirements.
• Managing hybrid email deployments and migrations to Office 365: Companies can conveniently handle hybrid email deployments.
Is a backup solution right for your business?
Whether you’re a small, a medium, or a large business, an Office 365 back up solution is crucial. With Veeam’s backup solution, businesses receive complete protection of their O365 data.
To find out more about how Veeam’s Microsoft Office 365 backup solution can help your enterprise, contact the Experis Technology Group team today. Also, don’t forget to check out the Experis Technology Group events page to learn about the upcoming Microsoft Office 365 Back up Breakfast Events.
Experis Technology Group is a leading hybrid cloud and high availability infrastructure architecture firm focusing on designing, building and supporting the IT infrastructure that keeps companies operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year around the globe, whether it sits in our clients’ data center or the cloud. We architect high performance, high availability systems to sustain continuous performance and protect our clients from system failure and malicious attacks, both of which lead to data and financial loss.